Wednesday, May 14, 2008

New Juice concept in Mumbai

There is a new trend around jogging/morning walk parks in mumbai. Just outside the gate you would notice some Juice vendors. They would invariable have a small table packed with several bottles or lookalike container.

For few days (I dont go for jogging that frequently, so few days indeed mean longer time) I was wondering what these vendors are selling. It no where resembles any fruit juice stall as fruit juice vendors feel pride in displaying their fresh fruits although they might not be using the same to extract the juices.

Okay lets come back to the point. The place didnt look very hygenic but still I gathered courage to approach one of the stall. The vendor explained that the containers contain juices of various vegetables and herbs like gaud, bitter gaud, neem, tulsi, beet, ginger, etc (wanted to name a few more but then I dont know the english words for those forbidden vegetables). In Rs 10 he offered me a big moctail glass of bitter gaud, tulsi and neem.

I had never in my craziest thought imagined if I could ever ingest these bitter, inpalatable juices. But I bet it was good and refreshing. It kept me fresh for the whole day. After that I made it a regular habbit to have these juices as I didn't see any side effect.

Only if these juices could be presented in a little hygenic way I guess it will become a big-time hit.I wonder why we dont promote these kind of healthy juices. My sincere advice - try these juices if you get a chance. I take it regularly and strongly recommend it.

--Ashish Kanak

No comments: